It's not too late to volunteer to join in tomorrow's St Peter's Spring Litter Pick. Simply drop a line with your name to email@example.com.
In the event of a bad weather cancellation an email will be sent to volunteers on the list by 9.15 am.
St. Peter's Volunteer Gardeners will also be out working. So please have a chat and find out more about what they too are doing to make the neighbourhood look even better.
Free Refreshments will be available. All equipment has been borrowed from Newcastle City Council.
It's a 10am start outside Merchants' Tavern.
HEALTH AND SAFETY POINTERS.
- Please dress appropriately including sturdy footwear and protective gloves.
- You may be on the roadside so a bright jacket /reflective strip is preferable.
- Wash hands before (during) and after participation.
- Work alongside at least one other person.
- Use the litter pickers to avoid bending or over exertion.
- Use litter pickers to pick up glass and put glass into a plastic container.
- Do not touch dog mess.
- Do not touch drug related litter or hypodermic needles. Contact the organiser.
- Fly tipping? Contact the organiser.
- Do not lift any item that is heavy and will require straining to lift it.
- Please use toilet/hand washing facilities at Merchants' Tavern.
- Please don't over fill the bin liners as they will be transferred to the tip by car.
- Leave the bin bags, tied at the top when full, and they will becollected.
- There is no access to the recycling plant by foot.
12 NOON - back to Merchants' Tavern: return equipment, have a coffee or tea and a chat.