More local shops are opening nearby:
- di Meos -Family-owned, family-run and North East Legend. Award-winning Italian ice crream, coffee, pizza and deli take-outs on the Riverside Walkway, The Malings, across from the Toffee Factory and around the corner from Tyne Bar heading into Ouseburn.
- Block and Bottle is a traditional craft butchery. New at 188 Heaton Road, 0191 265 7955, they only sell free range meat that is as local as possible. Also in stock are over 150 different beers, many from across the North East. www.blocknbottle.com
- Maude's Fruit and Vegetables. Local community artist Andy McDermott now has a stall outside his studio selling fruit, vegetables and plants. Open Saturdays 12noon - 5pm . at Test Studios 5, Albion Row. M: 07465 708099
- Gingerinos are offering pizza delivery and takeaway from Stepney Road.
- The Free Trade Inn - Click and Collect, order from Monday for collection 3-6pm on the Thursday/Friday
- The Garage Cafe on Stoddart St - open for coffee and food to take away
- The Cycle Hub is open for take away coffee, cake and snacks while the workshop is super busy servicing bikes
- The Tyne Bar - pre-orders for delivery Friday/Saturday
- Big River Bakery in Shieldfield have launched a crowdfunder appeal to help them re-open safely
- YogaTherapies are beginning to open their doors at the Yoga X Life on Boyd St, with an expanded wellness retail section and takeaway food and drink, an increased schedule of live streamed events and even outdoor sessions nestled in Ouseburn’s exceptional greenery.