Posted 19th November 2020
Chance to comment on proposed parking changes
A consultation is underway on proposed changes affecting council-run car parks in the city.
Due to national lockdown restrictions coming into effect during the 21-day consultation period, which started on Friday 30 October, the information is online to ensure people have the chance to comment.
The proposals include a number of significant and minor changes, including:
• The removal of the concessionary free parking for blue badge holders in council operated car parks.
• The rebranding of annual Citypark permits and the removal of all discounts for bulk orders.
• The removal of Sunday permits.
• The update of permit holder only car parks and formalising eligibility.
• The removal of car parks lost to development and introduction of new car park.
Further information and site notices for each of the 59 car parks affected can be viewed at www.newcastle.gov.uk/offstreetparkingplacesorder2020.
The consultation closes on Monday 23 November 2020